Help Finding Zeros on the Graphing Calculator



Every year my Algebra 2 students get really confused by the whole "Left Bound / Right Bound" thing on the graphing calculator. This is especially true when finding zeros. I've found it really wordy trying to explain that Left and Right Bound will sometimes be above the x-axis and will sometimes be below it, so this year I handed out the above reference sheet to help. 



I also made the reference sheet into a poster to hang in my classroom. It's hard to tell, but that poster above is made of 4 sheets of computer paper taped together. I LOVE being able to make posters without needing to go to Staples or order online.  



I also needed to bring home 4 of our class set of graphing calculators to clean out the leaky battery acid with a baking soda and water solution. Is it summer that drains batteries and causes them to corrode? My graphing calculator at home has had the same batteries forever!

There are more free quadratics references linked in the post Quadratics Posters.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment