Slope Poster for your Classroom



The math word wall in my classroom has completely changed my teaching. When I can quickly point at an example of a reference hanging on the wall, I can move a student quickly through his or her confusion and keep my class on track. Students can always independently access information they need, leading them to feel more independent and confident. More than any thing else, adding a math word wall to my classroom has made the biggest difference in my teaching. 

Algebra word wall

My word wall started with a few Geometry and Algebra 2 references. A couple years later, I started adding Algebra 1 references. Even though Algebra 1 was not taught in my classroom, I kept finding myself drawing linear functions on the board whenever introducing a new nonlinear function in Algebra 2 and how to find its "slope", zeros, y-intercept and equation. Above is collage of photos from the algebra word wall hanging in my classroom. 


This post has more ideas for teaching slope with links to task cards, a sorting activity, a slope tree, slope pennants and a free slope puzzle. 

This slope poster is a great addition to any high school math word wall. There is a smaller student version included that works perfectly for an algebra interactive notebook. 





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the freebies. I am now following you on TpT.

    ~ Edd

    ReplyDelete

Comment