Parallel Lines Cut by a Transversal Poster and Coloring Page

Parallel lines cut by a transversal poster


This year I am teaching a Study Skills class for the first time. All of my students in the class are sophomores, which means they are all taking Geometry. Recently, they're all learning about parallel line angle relationships and I have been finding that I really need a visual for them to reference. I had made a poster a while ago, but it was in color. We don't have a color printer and printing it out in black and white just wasn't the best. So I wanted to make a visual that could be printed in black and white.


Parallel lines cut by a transversal poster


This one uses patterns so can be printed in black and white. I also have a blank one for teachers who have time for their kids to color their own copy. 


Parallel lines cut by a transversal poster

I also included a full color version for teachers with color printers. 


Parallel lines cut by a transversal

You can download all versions of this poster for free here on Teachers Pay Teachers. 


Angle Pairs Pennant

A fun way to sum up a unit on parallel line angle relationships is with a pennant activity. This angle pair relationships pennant can be used as a fun activity, assessment, warm up or exit slip (each student gets one), homework, or even as sub work.


Angle Pairs Pennant


This activity asks students to find the measures of angles that are corresponding, alternate interior, vertical, same-side interior, alternate exterior and supplementary. When a pennant is done, it can be hung in your classroom as fun math decor. You can read more about the ways teachers are using pennants in their classrooms in 7 Ways to use Math Pennants to Engage Student Learning.

High School Math Word Wall Ideas

I'm also a huge fan of word walls. You can read more about the word walls in my classroom here. 


4 comments:

  1. I love the use of symbols to show the relationship between angles. I think that would be such a great addition to simply color coding! It's amazing to me how much impact the coloring can have with students working with angles and this vocab- it really helps them SEE the relationship between the angles. And these are soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Theresa! It did seem to help my students who were having trouble with the vocabulary. I hope you have a great week! May the Force be with you tomorrow on Halloween!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing! I plan to use these for our geometry angles unit. I think the colors and symbols will especially help my special-needs students! I have 2 co-taught classes and am always looking for ways to help them gain confidence with new skills!
    Anna (from Piece of Pi)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you can use it! I teach Special Ed too and my kids really like visuals. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Comment