Slope Poster for your Classroom

Are you looking for a poster that shows the 4 different types of slope? In this post I link a free slope poster to download and add to an algebra word wall. Recently updated with a color and also black and white version.

It's funny how some topics in algebra just keep coming back around. Finding slope is first introduced in 7th grade and follows students all the way through calculus with finding derivatives. Even though I was teaching algebra 2 at the time, I kept finding myself drawing linear graphs on the board whenever introducing one of our new nonlinear functions.

The poster linked in this post shows examples of each type of slope-- positive slope, negative slope, zero slope and undefined slope. The poster can be enlarged for your wall or hung as-is, and also comes with smaller-sized student handouts. Best of all, the poster is free.


It's funny how some topics in algebra just keep coming back around. Finding slope is first introduced in 7th grade and follows students all the way through calculus with finding derivatives. Even though I was teaching algebra 2 at the time, I kept finding myself drawing linear graphs on the board whenever introducing one of our new nonlinear functions. Positive, negative, zero, undefined slope. This poster gives students examples of each of these and example coordinates. The poster can be enlarged for your wall or hung as-is, and also comes with smaller-sized student handouts. Best of all, the poster is free.


Over the years, I've made a bunch of fun slope activities. Throughout 2020, many of these got digital updates to work in Google Slides or Forms. The post Fun Slope Activity Ideas has ideas for teaching slope with links to task cards, a sorting activity, a slope tree, slope pennants, a free slope puzzle and a new slope digital math escape room. 

Finding Slope Digital Math Escape Room, puzzle #1 - finding the slope given graphs, tables and pairs of coordinate points
Slope digital math escape room

I also love, love, love templates like the Algebra 1 template below. We used them in my algebra 2 class for warmups and quick checks for understanding. This one here has spaces for creating a table, finding the x-intercept, finding the y-intercept, finding slope, graphing the line and writing the equation.

free Algebra 1 template

Coming back to the slope poster, I added a black and white version to the download. In all my years of teaching, I never had access to a color printer. So I think about that a lot when making printables. With that being said, I know a lot of teachers do have access to color printers (or are willing to print at home or sent to a print shop), so I finally listened and added color versions to all of my math word walls.


Here is the black and white version of the free Slope Poster found on TpT.


>> You can find the free slope poster here.


Slope image

For a reference showing why we subtract in the slope formula, the above slope reference is a recent addition to my 8th grade math word wall




More posts:








1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the freebies. I am now following you on TpT.

    ~ Edd

    ReplyDelete

Comment