Algebra 2 Bulletin Board Finally Digitized!

For the last 3 years I have wanted to digitize my Algebra 2 word wall and it finally happened. It's done. It's digitized. It's even laminated! 


I got very excited about landing my current job teaching Special Education Algebra 2 and knew right away I wanted to hang lots and lots of reference materials on my walls. 


Above is a photo of the absolute value, quadratic and radical graphs hanging on one of my classroom walls. They are made out of cut paper and have faded a little over the years. I just added digital versions of these 3 anchor charts to my Algebra 2 word wall (as well as a large set of parent graph references) and finally replaced the cut paper versions with laminated digital ones. 

As much as I loves the handmade ones, my students appreciated the "upgrade". Ha! Here are the digital nonlinear graph references for absolute value, quadratic and radical functions: 


I also added this reference for polynomial graphs that is brand new this year.


All of my posters and references stay up all year, even through midterms and finals. My students really like having them to refer to and I love being able to point to examples when we work on new problems. When my students can access information on their own it builds so much confidence and feelings of independence. 

Algebra 2 word wall for a high school Math bulletin board

One of my goals as a Math teacher is to remove as many obstacles between students and the often-difficult information we learn in class and word walls do this. I also learned recently that being able to apply an example to a new problem is a skill that needs developing! Who knew? 

There are more photos of my classroom word walls in the blog post High School Math Word Wall Ideas.

Algebra 2 word wall
High School Math Word Wall Ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment